Monday, December 7, 2020

About Erin's cards and crafts

 My name is Erin Mckenzie-christensen I set up Erin's cards and crafts as a way to sell my cards (and other crafty things) to raise money for two charities. One of them is called Mito wishes upon a star and is in the US. The other is Bridges and Pathways Institute SA.

Mito wishes upon a star started out doing christmas wishes for children diagnosed with mitochondrial disease as like a secret santa. But now they have joined with Mito action who are doing this instead. Now mito wish upon a star are making parent pamper packs for parents who spend a long time in hospital with their sick kids and theyre doing birthday presents for the children. I will specifically be making the cards that will be sent to the US and when birthday presents or pamper packs are given out they will also receive a handmade card too! 

To pay for the postage to get the cards to the US (i reckon i will send at least 20 cards at a time or more) I will sell my cards and all of the profit above the cost to make it will go either to the postage for mito wish upon a star or to bridges and pathways institute.

I am specifically donating money to bridges and pathways which is a not for profit charity in Adelaide, South Australia where i live. They do many things, one of them is research into chronic conditions such as ME/CFS, MCS and connected conditions. They have established a clinic where the research is happening and this research includes but is not limited to mitochdondrial function in CFS/ME patients. I live with ME/CFS, MCS and other disabilities so this research is incredibly important to me and that is why all of the profits above the cost of making my cards are directly donated to bridges and pathways and mito wish upon a star.

To find out more about bridges and pathways please visit their website https://bridgesandpathways.org.au/

If you would like to order a card you can contact me erinmckenziechristensen@gmail.com. Please browse the cards for sale page where you will find posts containing all of the cards that i currently have for sale - as these are sold more cards will be put up on the blog. Find more information about how to order a card on the cards for sale menu

I also do tutorials showing how i made my cards and will be putting up some pictures of recent cards as well. I am hoping to have my you tube channel up and running soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you found my blog. I appreciate your comments on my work. Hope you have a good day and visit again soon.