Monday, August 20, 2018

Floating floor barn card

Hi today my card was taken from a Karen Burniston video which i will put at the end of the post. I completely changed the front of the card. This was a card I made for my aunty's 60th birthday and she lives on a small farm/property and has a menagerie of animals including sheep, chickens, cats, dogs. She loves sheep and cats but also all animals! I used the exact instructions provided in the video however I put more animals on the inside - I didnt use the cow cos my aunty doesnt have any cows!

So what i love about this card is that the barn door opens and there is hay inside! So cool. I also love how it makes an amazing scene.

As I said I did a completely different front of the card to Karen's card. I couldnt fit 3 sheep (I decided that there should be 2 white sheep and a black sheep too, a chicken and a dog and a cat on the inside! I am a cat person so it made sense to me that there would be a (barn) cat!! So thats what I put on the front of the card  -  a barn which opens and a cat! I used a stencil and distress inks to make the clouds

I put a barn that opens and inside i stamped "happy birthday to ewe" and I put whiskas the cat next to the barn and a 60 stickers at the top in the clouds


The inside of the card uses a technique called a floating floor this allows things to be taped to the card itself which make them stand up when the card opens and makes them fold flat when the card closes. It also has the hay pop stand and the barn pop stand dies (all Karen Burniston dies in this card are from Elizabeth craft designs and are retired now)

This is the inside of the card


Side on view of the card so you can see the floating floor and the animals, fence, barn and hay standing up


This is an angled view so you can see the sheep at the back a bit better





This is the link to the instuctions for how to make this card - I think I may of made my card slightly bigger in size but honestly I cannot remember the exact dimensions. It was just so I could fit all the animals in and also a message for the recipient but it wasnt a huge amount of difference. This is something i love about card making you can take someone's card and make it your own - put different animals change the colours or do a completely different front but similar inside or something along those lines. It helps to follow a video the first time when making a floating floor cos they're a bit tricky to get your head around but once you understand how to do it its not so hard after all!

Products used for this card

Dies Karen Burniston - whiskas the cat, Buster the dog, sheep (x 3 one in black 2 in white), chicken, outdoor edges (grass), barn pop up, hay pop up (all Elizabeth crafts designs and retired), countryscapes (Elizabeth craft designs) Susans Garden (fence)

Karen burniston stamps (elizabeth craft designs) "happy birthday to ewe" ( retired)

Stencil - grass and sky - Elizabeth craft designs

Large number stickers






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you found my blog. I appreciate your comments on my work. Hope you have a good day and visit again soon.