Monday, August 13, 2018

Wedding anniversary pop up card

Hi everyone welcome back to my blog I hope you like the card I have for you today.

Todays card is a pop up wedding anniversary using Karen Burnistons cake pop up die and also the cake trims and numbers set.
On the front of the card I took a piece of white cardstock 5 x 6 inch and I put the petite flourish stencil on it and used gold ink and stencilled it. Then I used a Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD) scalloped oval and I die cut out the centre of it so there was room for the cake and the birds.
I stuck the stencilled piece onto a 5 x 6 inch side fold card base with doubled sided tape and then in the centre I stuck on the cake and the two birds (from Lawn fawn Happy wedding) which I had stamped, heat embossed and also coloured in and die cut out using the coordinating dies. I stamped Happy anniversary (from lawn fawn happy happy happy set) onto a banner (from lawn fawn bannertastic) and then I stuck the banner at the top of the card. Generally for colouring in I use zig brushables markers but because i wanted part of the cake to be gol I actually used a gold sharpie marker as well as the brushables. I am not able to use copic markers or any other type of alcohol marker because of breathing issues due to my disabilities so I use inks that dont contain alcohol and do not smell. The zig brushables dont have a smell!


Front of card                                                  Inside of card
 


I also used Elizabeth Craft Designs -Suzanne Cannon's happy anniversary die and I also used Karen Burniston's petite flourish (Elizabeth Craft designs/retired) to stencil the front and inside of the card
stencil and a katie label (retired) for somewhere to write message.
These photos show the inside


 This is how the card folds flat to go into an envelope


On the inside of the card I made two panels slightly smaller than the inside of the card which i stencilled with the petite flourish stencil

I made up the cake with white cardstock following Karen Burniston's instruction video (found at the end of the post) I put gold trim round each level of the cake in gold mirror board and I put red heart trim around the bottom of the cake as well from red mirror board. I ran the gold through with my rubber embossing mat after it was cut to get the dry embossing feature on it as well

I stuck the stencilled panels on each side of the cardbase then I put the cake with the trim in the middle and the red hearts around it on the card base added the happy anniversary cut from red glitter cardstock and added the katie label for somewhere to write the message. I added the number 13 to to the top of the cake as it was for a 13th wedding anniversary.


Video of the card being opened.




Karen Burniston's video how to put the cake pop up together can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEOBLR2GjHQ&t=589s

Products used to make this card

Dies Karen Burniston cake pop up die, cake trims, numbers, ECD Suzanne Cannon Happy anniversary ECD - Scalloped oval

stamps and coordinating dies - Lawn fawn Happy Wedding, Bannertastic

Stamps - Lawn fawn Happy Happy Happy

Paper - white 270 gam/100 pound cardstock, red and gold mirror board, red glitter cardstock,

Other ECD Karen burniston petite flourish stencil, versafine onyx black ink pad, clear embossing powder, embossing gun, die machine (cut n boss), zig brushables, gold sharpie marker





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you found my blog. I appreciate your comments on my work. Hope you have a good day and visit again soon.